Monday, June 9, 2008

gavin's 1st birthday!

the cakes... i had a lot of fun making these... polaroids :)... i took a polaroid pic of everyone behind this farm scene as they came in...some of them were pretty funny..here's one of ben & gavin that i scanned in :)... rubber ducky game... i had a game set out with farm themed rubber ducky's :)...on the bottom of some i wrote the letter P for prize :) kaden just wanted to stick his head in the water :)...pony rides...
we rented a little pony for the kids to ride..her name was honey :). the kids had a great time riding her :)... as you can see...kaden didn't like the pony idea..he loved riding them last year, this year though is a different story :)...havin' fun with the party hats...grub time!...opening presents...everyone spoiled him..thanks so much guys!!... blowing out candles... gavin's cake time!... he put the bottom of the cake on his head..all on his own too! so funny!... great grandpa & grandma slaydon...gav with gma & gpa allen... we love you so much gavin! we can't believe that you're already a year old! we hope you had a fun birthday :). thanks so much everybody for coming & making his day so special!

11 comments:

jami said...

ok that was seriously the cutest party ever. My kids had a blast. Thanks so much for inviting us

Bale Family said...

SOOOOO cute Kara! I'm so sorry we couldn't make it! I wish we could have!!! Avery would have had so much fun. You are so creative! I love the cakes and everything else.

Brittney said...

What an amazing birthday party! You should write a book on how to host amazing kid parties! All your ideas were adorable. Happy birthday Gavin!

Jobi Niu said...

OH MY GOSH! HOW FREAKIN CUTE! You're SOOO Creative! The cakes.. wow! I loved them.. the whole theme thing.. AHHH! LOVED! Happy Birthday Gavin! :)

Bri or Aaron said...

Holy COW! What a party! You did an amazing job! I'll have to call you and get some ideas for Adelin's b-day when she turns 1. Happy Birthday Gavin!

Kalli said...

Ok so I have not been bloggin very well latley but to comment on the last thing you said to me about Jobi being your neighbor that is awesome and I do need to come and visit you guys I would love to see you. Gavin had his 1st birthday on my and JR's 2nd anniversary June 9th crazy or maybe I missed his birth date and you just posted his party pics on our anniversary anyway it still look like you guys had a blast! Hope all is well and maybe I will see you soon

Cindi said...

Wow! You are amazing. I love the cakes--so cute.

Cori Henderson said...

What a party!!!! Those cakes were amazing! How did you make those? I loved it. Looks like everyone had tons of fun!

Ashley said...

KARA!!
Okay, I heard all about the party from a few people, but seriously, I had NO idea how great it was until I saw ALL of your cute ideas and AMAZINGLY creative creations!
Way to go! Looks like you guys had so much fun!
What great pictures and memories for Gavin to have.

BRE said...

ohmygosh you are so creative girly it's amazing! i loved the theme and especially the cakes!

Carrie Drake said...

um...ok...who are you, honestly. Your life is picture perfect!!!!! I hope to be like you someday!
~Carrie