Wednesday, March 18, 2009

jess' baby shower

we had a baby shower for jessica (my sis in law) last saturday at darla's. it was a lot of fun. you know me, i love planning these kinds of things :). jess forgot her camera so most of these pics are for her.
a closer look at the diaper cake i made :)... look how adorable these little booties are! i need a little girl!!... some of the gang as we were playing games...
jess loves penguins so i made these penguin cupcakes to match everything :)...i froze little plastic babies in ice cubes :). everyone had to 'break the water & deliver' them :). first one to do it got a prize :)... i found these cute little paper wrappers that matched everything...i wrapped them around some mini candybars :)... opening gifts...and here's the party favors up close... darla, jess, & i at the end of the shower. we love you jessica! we are sooooo excited to meet your little girl (hopefully this week)!!!

9 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

That is seriously the cutest shower I've ever seen! Next time I have any event I'm going to have to hire you to plan it! You seriously should be a party planner of some kind. That diaper cake was amazing! How'd you do that???

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

You are so cute. If I ever get to have another baby, will you do a shower for me? =)

Bale Family said...

How cute Kara! You are so creative! You really should be a party planner on the side!

Serenity said...

Wow! Kara I seriously need to move to Utah if only for the fact that I can go to one of your cool parties. That cake was unbelievable... Everthing was! The cupcakes... the party favors... Wow! How fun!!

Serenity said...

Oh, btw, I am addicted to the song Halo now because of your blog. :) It is always in my head :)

Laurie said...

I cannot believe how cute you are! I just love ya girl!

Heidi said...

So cute!! You did a great job! Did she like the hat?? Is that who you got it for?

Mandy said...

Kara, you are very creative! My brain just freezes up when I need to plan something (especially when it comes to planning CUTE things!)

Darla said...

Okay Kara, first off -- when I have my 1st baby, you are definitely going to bake and decorate for it okay?! Thanks! That is awesome. you are so talented! I'm sorry I missed Jessica's Shower, I had to work :( Looks like everyone had a great time...