Wednesday, September 3, 2008

san francisco

we just got back from san francisco! it was a great trip...ben had a convention there all week so i flew in on wednesday to meet up with him. we had a few days after the convention to go sightseeing.
and i know, i always post TONS of photo's..but hey, my blog is mainly for me & is also my journal right now. photo's say it a lot better than i can sometimes :).. bodega bay... and here's the famous golden gate bridge! it was our first time ever seeing it in person..it's enormous!!!...

we went out for sushi one night...i love sushi! (dang, i forgot to put sushi on my last post..hehe)... ben taking pics of me in our room... we went to fisherman's wharf (which i would HIGHLY recommend to anyone going to the san fran area)..it was great! we were there for hours..lots to do.. eating lunch at the famous, 'boudin' cafe and shop..the best sourdough ever!... we took a boat ride to the golden gate & alcatraz...as you can see it got really foggy! we could hardly see anything :). it was still fun though.. alcatraz.. wax museum...we ate lunch at rainforest cafe... is this classic or what?!... the famous ghiradeli (chocolate) square... we shared a yummy ghirardelli ice cream sudae :)... i found a new favorite place on ghiradeli square.. it's a little shop called, kara's cupcakes!! i fell in love with it!! first off, cupcakes are my favorite..and secondly, they had my name written all over them!!! it was perfect!!! such a cute cupcake shop!!.. sitting in our hotel lobby...ben in front of our hotel...the oakland temple! this temple is really cool because it has garden's on top of it that you can walk around on...and of course...a quick stop at the harley shop :)...

11 comments:

Katie said...

Hey guys I found your blog after searching on some one else's. I love pictures. It is true that pictures say a thousand words (is that the saying?) Anyway cute blog and we love you guys!! Love Rob and Katie

Ashlee said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and a little break from the boys! We need to go up to San Fran before we move away from California...it's only a 5 hour drive from LA.

Amberly said...

So fun! I loved San Fransisco, and especially the sourdough bread at Fisherman's Wharf. I wish Jas and I could have traveled more. I love it. P.S. I'm sorry about contributing to your delinquency with the Mochas!! :)

Laurie said...

I LOVE all your pictures! So much fun! I can totally live vicariously through your blog until we are able to go on vaca's again! Haha!

Heidi said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. Like I always say....you're always doing fun stuff.....I hope I'm like you when I grow up!!! Lol

Cori Henderson said...

I've never been to San Fran, but it is definitely on my list. I will have to try Kara's Cupcakes when I do make it. Looks like tons of fun.

The Shumways said...

I love the fun design of your blog! Looks like your having tons of fun! I also love the blog about things you love. That's one reason we are such good friends, we love alot of the same things. =)

Bri or Aaron said...

Hey! Dang we were in Anaheim last weekend, we could have met up! We went to Disneyland and it was so fun! So, come visit anytime...I would love it! There room at my little home.
Next year my husband is planning a bug trip to Costa Rica. So since he is having fun with his friends, I get a trip too! I know you love to travel, want to go somewhere?!!!

Mizukawa's said...

kara HEY i LIKE the new blog look. Thank you so so so much Jake had a blast. I wouldn't be able to do it without you. And your trip looks so fun. Thanks again.

Serenity said...

Hey kara! Thanks for the congrats! I love your blog! Your boys are sooooo cute!!! Your trip looked way fun!

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you found my blog it's not usually that crazy I promise. I was just to excited about my concert!:) Anyways It was fun to see what you were up to. YOur blog is super cute! You look fabulous! I love your family pics! They are very unique.
We love Idaho but I miss my family sooooo much! Living in Eagle Mtn. helped me get used to the country.:) Hey how do you like your pool? We've been looking at pools like that online and wondered if it would be okay in the cold weather out here.