Tuesday, November 11, 2008

cabo

we just got home late last night from a week vacation in cabo!!! it was AwEsOmE!!! we stayed in a resort called the riu palace (which i would definitely recommend..very nice, and BEAUTIFUL!). we went with our good friends, jason & amy, and ben's bro & his wife. it was SO relaxing, and SO MUCH FUN!! i'll apologize in advance for all the kissy pictures :)..hey, we were on a romantic vacation though :). and can i just add, I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!
all of us right after we landed...we were all very excited to be there!..the view from our resort... we ate at the french restaurant the first night there. the resort had 5 different restaurants to choose from each day..they were all really good! it was fun trying them all out!... on thursday we went to some shops before we took a boat ride to lovers beach... the infamous towel animals you get in your rooms while on vacation :)... jason took this picture..and yes, we were that close to them. there were a ton of them by lovers beach. they stunk really bad, but were really cool :) we're not trying to be gross, i promise. we were totally kidding around, and thought this picture would be funny! hehehe!!...
eating at the japanese restaurant one night. it was one of our favorites... the view we had from our balcony. ahhh, i miss it already!... like i said, we took a glass bottom boat ride one day to lovers beach and the famous cabo rocks. it was really fun.. me jumping off some rocks into the ocean :)...pretty sweet cave, huh?!... some guy at the marina let me hold these little guys for a picture :)... we love this pic :)... our silver friend outside the buffet... everyone thought we were CRAZIES because we didn't drink...especially because it was an all inclusive resort where one could drink whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted it. we loved ordering all the virgin drinks though! the waiters would always give us funny looks when we told them we wouldn't be drinking the expensive wine with our dinner :)... see what i mean, this is what most people think mexico is all about..tequila. :) crazy, mixed up world :)...jon had his birthday while we were there! happy birthday jon! i hope you enjoyed your day!! here's a band singing to him during dinner... looking up from the beach at some random couples in one of the pools...hehe :)...we woke up early a few different mornings to try and get some good sunrise pictures. these are my favorites out of all the ones i took. GORGEOUS!!!... on friday the guys went on a fishing trip... different artist etc would come to the resort each night, this guy used nothing but spray paint. pretty sweet...on one of the days we took an awesome wave runner trip! we rode up the coast line for an hour or so to a snorkeling spot, snorkeled, and then rode back..it was a BLAST!!..a view of some of the many rooms...i've ALWAYS wanted to ride a horse on the beach...sorry, more kissy, kissy... :)the next few pics are just parts of the back of our resort, the whole place was MASSIVE!!!this pic is AWESOME..i took it right when the wave was hitting amy & jason! :)...one of the swim up pool bars...virgin pina-coladas were our favorite!...one of our favorite pools...look at the view!...all the food at the resort was amazing! they presented it all beautifully...cute jess & jon...us in front of the front entrance...we loved, loved, loved all the pools... and we finally had to say goodbye...here we are about to get on the plane. bye, bye cabo!!! you were SO great to us!!...

22 comments:

Chelsie Wilde said...

WOW! Its looks beautiful! Glad to see you guys had a great time! You are quite the travelers.... I am jealous!!

Amberly said...

You live an enchanted life! That looks like such a blast! I love the picture of you jumping off the rock! You guys are such a cute couple! I'm glad you had fun!

Jules P Hansen said...

I am so jelouse! I loved Cabo too and just seeing pics of the place makes me want to go back. I am glad you had such a great time! We will have to figure out a time I can get your stuff back to you now that you are home! Thanks again, the party was great.

Heidi said...

It looks gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you guys had a good time! I so want to go on a vacation with my hubby now!

Jobi Niu said...

Girl.. kiss all you want I know I'd be doin the same thing! ;) HOW GORGEOUS is Cabo?? I would give ANYTHING to go there. I'm so jealous. You look like a freaking hottie! Your hair is UNREAL! How cute are you and your hubby together???

Bri or Aaron said...

How fun! You guys are so lucky!

Greg, Ash and Brynlee said...

This is what life is all about!! I am glad that in 10 years from now when Greg actually might bring home some money we might be able to take a vacation like this too! Luckily I do live in Los Angeles and I go to Disneyland at least once a week and the beach once a week...so I just live on vacation right?
Your post made me hungry by the way! The food sounds so good to me right now! Oh and the swimming and sun and stinky sea lions do too! Greg and I stopped in Cabo for a day on a cruise back in March and we did the lovers beach thing...I can still smell the sea lions!

Jamie said...

I'm seriously crying right now! What a dream vacation! I hope I get to experience something like that someday!!!!! If I ever do I'll make sure to ask you the best places to go and how to find the best deals! Your a pro! I loved the nasty romping on the beach pic! Totally hilarious!!!!

Serenity said...

Wow Kara! That looked AMAZING!! Not to mention you take great pictures. It looks absolutely beautiful!!! Lucky Lady!! Russ and I were at a resort like that once and he asked for a root beer... The waiter could have gotten ANY alcoholic beverage russ asked for, but he had no clue what a root beer was. He kept coming back with different drinks saying "is this root beer?... Is this?" I think Russ finally settled on water :)

Mandy said...

Everyone needs a getaway now and then! Yea for Cabo! Welcome back to the fabulous Utah weather!

Laurie said...

WOW!! Gorgeous, oh and Cabo looks fabulous too!! You guys are sooo much fun!! I just love you all!! Count me in next time!! HEHEHE

Laurie said...

WOW!! Gorgeous, oh and Cabo looks fabulous too!! You guys are sooo much fun!! I just love you all!! Count me in next time!! HEHEHE

Smith Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS. What kind of sweet life do you live? I envy your ability to DO. Everyone WANTS to go and enjoy life like you, but not many people do. (including me). PS that is a huge fish!

Kalli said...

How FUN and how sweet are you and Ben together I love that you still act like you are dating and the picture on the beach was awesome so funny I would have never thought to do that hahaha (I don't think that is a good thing to say either it shows how non romantic I am.) But I am glad you are home safe and had so much fun I would love to go to Cabo one day and I think my plan may be to just stay at that exact resort it looks amazing how did you know what to pick having never gone there before?

jami said...

I am SOOOO jealous. I swear you guys always go on the best vacations ever!!

Mizukawa's said...

K I had to send Jake into the other room while checking your blog a little too much heat on the screen. Kidding love you guys.

Darla said...

I'm so jealous!!! That's awesome you guys got to do that. Looks like you have a blast for sure! I love all your pictures!! Thanks for sharing :) love you guys!

Cori Henderson said...

I'm jealous. I would love to go someplace like that. Maybe someday. I love the beach make out picture! FUNNY!

Katie said...

How fun. I'm jealous, but it looks like you guys had a great time. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cabo! I will have to get more details on the place you stayed. It looked so awesome! I already told Jas that we need to stay there!

Bale Family said...

How Fun! I love all your pics! It's beautiful there!

brooke said...

So if Brady EVER takes me on a romantic vacay, i'm sending him to read your blog for ideas, so keep the kissin photos comin!