Sunday, August 2, 2009

daddy's Alaska

ben just got back from a week long trip to his beloved, Alaska. he had a GREAT time! he looks forward to this trip all year long {the second he gets home from alaska each year he starts working extra side jobs so he can go again the next}. i love seeing how excited he gets.

the reason why i titled this post, daddy's Alaska, is because one morning gavin woke up and said, "i want to go to daddy's alaska", because he was missing his daddy so much. so cute.

here's a few pics from ben's fun trip. like i said, he just LOVES it up there. i don't blame him though, it's so beautiful.
a fisherman's dream land for sure!

ben took this picture for me :)...
having the time of his life...
the biggest catch of the trip, a 323 lb halibut! derek {ben's cousin} caught it!...

BEAUTIFUL!...
jon & gary at the cannery in excursion inlet...
skylar's big catch!...
{skylar just opened his mission call tonight by the way. he's going to PARAGUAY! that's where i went on my mission! we are so excited for him. especially me!}
they saw 3 different bears throughout the week!...

salmon berries {ben said they were really yummy}...

elfin cove...

some seals they saw...

their awesome salmon plane...

a view from up above.
i'm so glad you had such a good time, babe! you work so hard for your alaska trips. you deserve every minute up there!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I would LOVE to go to Alaska! I have visions of loading up my fam one day and taking an Alaskan cruise!! It seems SOOO beautiful up there!!

And can I just say that those fish are HUGE???? Holy moly!!

Laurie said...

Man, Do I miss that place?! Thanks for showing me the changes each year Ben! Glad you had a great time!

Janell said...

You're right that these guys LOVE this trip! That 323 pounder is amazing. I'm glad that my boys got to be there with there "big" cousins. I need to find out about Paraguay from you. We're excited!

Katie said...

How fun. That's an awesome trip. Rob's done that and I'm sure he's very jealous. I'm glad Ben had fun.