Thursday, December 11, 2008

ornament exchange

every year one of my friends in my neighborhood has an ornament/cookie exchange. everyone brings 12 homeade ornaments and 12 plates/bags of cookies with the recipe (the one's i made are above...you cant really see 'em but oh well).

at the end of the night we all came home with 12 different ornaments and 12 different plates of cookies! thanks for the yummy dinner and all the fun patti! everyone was so creative, the ornaments turned out really cute...p.s. so it's now official...i'm finally caught up on everything we've done lately that i've been wanting to blog about (again, this blog is my journal. if you don't want to read/look at all the long posts then it's fine with me :) ). we've been so busy. like i've said before though, i love this time of year & all the holiday activities.
oh, & anyone want some cookies?? i have a TON now!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh kara I don't know how you do it! I get exhausted just reading your blog! You are such a busy body!! I can't believe how many things you have done in your life just since I have been blogging with you!!! You are the most festive person I know:) I am such a home body I would have a complete breakdown if I was you! hahaha! You just love to get out and have fun don't ya? It's great! This is such a cute idea! I love Christmas ornaments! Oh and you could totally do your own tree for the festival! My uncle always does one. And it's a lot of fun. You are super creative I would love to see what you came up with! Okay I'm done now. Sorry so long!

Heidi said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great idea!

Laurie said...

I think EVERYONE should request Kara to make these cookies for Christmas for EVERYONE, they are the BOMB!!!! YUMMMY!!!! Thanks for always being creative, I am so glad to be a part of it this year! I love ya girl!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the forgotten carols!!

Jobi Niu said...

What a fun idea! WAY CUTE ornaments... oh yeah.. and I'll take some cookies! ha ha

Kalli said...

I love the ornament idea we did a cookie exchange last year but I think I like the ornament idea best cause they last :) Anyways I love the Forgotten Carols and love that you went to the symphony I am not sure I could get JR to go but I guess you never know unless you try cause Ben went right? Anyways...thanks for the nice comment on my last post I feel kinda weird when people give me compliments but you are so sweet and ya the fish fry I have just been waiting! hehe call me