Sunday, October 19, 2008

arrrrrr matey's!

ben and i hosted a 'pirate murder mystery' dinner on saturday night. it was SO MUCH FUN!! for those of you who haven't ever played a murder mystery game, they're a riot! we all had a blast. before the 'night of the event' each guest receives an invitation with a character assignment (whom they come to the party dressed as). of course, i had to deck out our house in pirate decor as well. you know me, i love a good party :). there's a ton of pics...sorry...but hey, like i've said before..this blog is for me to record our life's happenings, so i couldn't leave anything out :)...ben & i. hahaha, aren't these pics hilarious?! ben played, 'roger the cabin boy' and i played the pirate, 'scarlet'...jon, jess, rachel, shane, ben, & i :)...
amy (as lady chastity morgan) & jason (as sir henry morgan) sportin' their cool attire :)...
rachel & i with the 'loot'...
jonny as 'long john silver' & jessica as 'anne bonnie'! she was such a cute pregnant pirate!...
all the guys...
shane was HILARIOUS..he acted his part as 'blackbeard' so well!...
the lovely amber as 'the black widow' and her husband scott as 'blind pew'. don't they look awesome? :)...
here's the table before we all sat down...
each of us had a booklet with our character description and plot etc for the game which we followed...
the game took place over a 3 course meal...
shane posing in front of the 'drink bar'...we were all pirates ya know, & pirates sure like to drink! don't you worry though...all drinks at my party are non-alcoholic :)...
amy and rachel mixing some fun "mock"arita drinks (thanks for the idea preston dean :)...

we all had so much fun taking pictures...
more pics of us playing the game...
all the guys around the treasure...
jon's parrot was awesome..i got the biggest kick out of it. both jonny & jess looked great!..
brain anyone? :)...
rachel played, 'tia maria' and shane again played, 'blackbeard'. i loved seeing everyone come thru the door in their costumes..EVERYONE looked so SWEET!! thanks guys!!...
and of course, here's shane posing one more time :)... so there's a short recap of our great night. it seriously was so much fun. we have some great friends and family! it doesn't end with this though, we have a family 'pirate' party here this week!! we're not doing the whole murder mystery dinner, we're just having a killer halloween party :), so let the fun begin all over again! :)

11 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I'm so jealous, I used to host a halloween party every year since we have been married. All my friends miss it! But I haven't met any cool people out here that I like yet!!! They are all to boring so far! I've never done a murder mystery dinner but I've always wanted to! It turned out so cute!!!

Laurie said...

Seriously, you are my CUTEST friend!! You are so much fun!! You guys are a riot! I love reading all about your fun stuff!!

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

looks like you guys had a great time. I love the way the house looks. So fun.

Bri or Aaron said...

How fun! Looks like you have pirate decorations for life!

Amberly said...

That is out of control cute! I bet it was a blast! Now you'll have to do it every year. We do a cinco de mayo party just for fun every year and it's always a blast!

Smith Family said...

You, once again, have amazed me. WOWZA, looks like it was super fun.

*Jordan and Whitney* said...

This looks so awesome and ya you were right you totally decked out your house! It looks awesome! Sorry we couldn't make it I am so sad about it!

Cori Henderson said...

Oh my gosh! You do know how to throw a good party. I'm not kidding that you should go into business. I LOVED it!!!!

jami said...

you need to go into party planning business! Your parties are AMAZING!! Looks fun

Travis and Heather said...

Look how fun you guys are!! That is awesome! So I have found your comments on all the family blogs and finally got on your blog. I love blogs!! It is so fun to keep updated with families this way. How fun!!

Anonymous said...

Man I want to be on your guest list!! You throw rockin parties!!

Hey.. quick questions. So I am making the mummy cupcakes for our ward party this weekend and I am wondering how you did those fabulous mummy eyes. I like yours better than the magazine I saw them in! Any tips?