Friday, August 29, 2008

the things i LoVe!..warning, long post!

first things first. i just LOVE my family and little boys...mom, dad, siblings, grandparents, inlaws, extended fam, & all! i am SO blessed. i have the most loving husband who i adore...& was raised by the greatest mom who was a single parent & sacrificed everything (we didn't have much) for my siblings & i. she has taught me SO MUCH, i owe her everything and hope i can be the kind of mom to my children that she was to me...
i love, love, love roses. ben's knows it too & spoils me, which i dont' deserve!! there is nothing like the smell of roses though... i LOVE rasberry's. when i was little & would go to my grandparents house the first thing i would do was go in their back yard & pick raspberry's off their raspberry bushes. i would then come inside and pour milk & sugar all over them & eat 'em with a spoon..they're SO GOOD!.. i love to ORGANIZE..and always have since i was young. it just feels so good to have your house all organized and neat.. i love the magazies, 'real simple' and 'dwell'... i love CLOTHES...don't you just feel so good in a new outfit?!...i love cupcakes..mostly becuase i think they're just so stinkin' cute! i collect cupcake items because i love them so much...i want to make a cupcake themed room for my little girl that i'll hopefully have one day :)...i love GENERAL CONFERENCE...isn't it just so great to listen to our leaders & feel of the spirit so strongly... i'm obsessed with sunglasses! i have so many pairs..i can't stop though! i love them!!..i have always just adored, shirley temple. she is my all time favorite little actress. i have a lot of her movies, and am still collecting more. she's a doll!.. i collect charms & love 'em. everywhere i go on vacation i get a charm, or if ben goes somewhere he'll get me one too. i have a big charm necklace with lots of fun charms on it :)...i love snowboarding & snowboarding gear, even though i haven't been in forever & i stink at it.. :) i love computers..not that i'm a total wiz. i wish i knew more about them. i just love trying to figure them out though :)...i love, love, love COTTON CANDY! i know, soooo good for me!..i love suv's...i just love everything about them!...i love backyard bbq's! there's nothing like getting together with family or friends for some bbq fun!... i just LOVE old school classic movies...so wholesome and good! these are a few of my favorites... i LOVE the stars..probably because when i was little my mom and i would lay out in our back yard at night and stare at them for hours. she would point out all the constellations and explain the science of it all to me (my mom's a scientist and geologist). i would love to have a really nice telescope one day... i love fiji water..i'm sure it's a total mind set..it always tastes so good though! :)... i'm obsessed with firework shows...i love the crowds, love laying on the grass wrapped up in blankets..i just love fireworks. period. which is probably one of the reason's why the 4th of july is my favorite holiday!!!! i love everything about it!!..it just say's SUMMER!... this may be silly, but i LOVE weddings! they just make me so happy! i love planning them, being at them, and seeing pictures of them. i wish ben and i could be married over and over again..if i could repeat any give day, it would be our wedding day and the day that kaden & gavin were born... ..which is probably why i LOVE wedding cakes..if only i knew how to make them, i'd be making them all the time for sure! i just love them!... i love photography. even though i myself am not very good at it, i love photos and other peoples awesome work! what can i say, it's obviouse that i'm camera happy too.. i love swimming pool's and swimming! i swam on the swim team in highschool and taught swimming lessons and lifeguarded since i was 14 :). there's nothing like swimming a ton of laps..it's SO refreshing, and feels SO good!... i LOVE york bites (although, they are really hard to find now)..especially frozen. they are SO good... i love music and singing..there's nothing like listening to your favorite tunes..music just makes me so happy.. i love design..especially interior design..if i had to have chosen a career i probably would have chosen this. my dream home would have room's in it like these below... this may be crazy..but i love being PREGNANT (and no, i'm not announcing anything). i really do though, it's just AMAZING to be able to create life and carry your baby inside of you. I LOVE IT even though it is SO hard...right after i had both kaden and gavin i missed being pregnant a lot (of course i loved having my baby to hold and everything else, etc, etc) i just missed being pregnant :).. i'm obsessed with SHOES (i think i get it from my grandma slaydon)!! i have all colors, and all styles of 'em. it's bad!!!... i love PINK STARBURST candies. i could do without the other colors..i always just pick out the pink ones!!... okay, i know..this might be really weird..but i love pero and postum :)! if i wasn't lds i think i'd be addicted to coffee..i love the smell of it! next best alternative..this ground up barley drink, pero (with cream and vanilla creamer or blended with ice!!)!... one of my favorite places is LAKE POWELL..i just love it there...boating is the best!

i LOVE flying and traveling..airports are my favorite because it means i'm going somewhere or picking someone up who just went somewhere. i just love seeing places and experiencing the world. flying is the best... i LOVE ikea! their design is awesome..and you CAN'T beat their prices!!! i just love everything there & my house shows it!... i love coconut shrimp..yummy!... i love the brand, roxy..i know, it's pretty juvenile and i should have grown out of it a long time ago :). their stuff is just too cute and fun though!...surprise, surprise...i LOVE hawaii :). ah, i would give anything to live there (if only ben had a good job there) :)... i love playing the guitar. funny though, i haven't picked it up that much lately. i really need to bring my old guitar out and start playing again, i just love it... i love PARAGUAY. i served a mission & lived there for a year and a half. the beautiful country and people there taught me SO MUCH. i will miss them and that place every day of my life...
i love ice cream...whenever i'm having a bad day ben will take me to get ice cream and it makes it better somehow :)... i LOVE salad!! all kinds, all sizes, with all different dressings and toppings. i could eat salad every day for the rest of my life. i seriously just love it...

i love harley davidson. i started collecting harley davidson memorabilia in high school..and now have some really cool harley stuff :). when ben met me he 'convienently' said he liked harley davidson stuff too (wink, wink)..which i thought was awesome. now he admits that he started liking it because i liked it..the things you do :). so we both love harley stuff now!..
i love makeup..it's a funny obsession. i have WAY too much of it too!! i have so many containers full of it it's ridiculous..but i still keep getting more?!?!...i love the mountains! i could never stand to live somewhere without them! which leads to why i LOVE utah!!! it's the best state ever..has so much diversity..and is just an amazing place to live.... i love faith hill and tim mcgraw. not only do i LOVE their music, i just love the couple that they are. they're real, not sleasy and warped by hollywood like a lot of 'star' couples. i just love them... i loVe the brand, DWELL STUDIO...i came across it a few years ago while searching stores & things online. problem though, it's really expensive. BUT, the best part ever...i was walking thru target about 6 months ago and had to contain myself from jumping up and down because i found some baby bedding that was 'dwell' and found out that they contracted with target to make a dwell studio line just for them!! I WAS SO EXCITED & have already been 'really bad' if you know what i mean ;)... i love shopping!! i could go anytime, anywhere..i just love it!!... some of my all time favorite places to shop..target, nordstrom rack, baby gap, tj maxx, & baby tommy hilfiger... i LOVE temples! i have three favorites..mt timpanogos, hawaii, and san diego. they are all just beautiful inside and out...& make me feel beautiful too :)... this has been such a fun post..sorry that it's so long!! i'm sure i'll think of more things and want to add them too!

8 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Can I just say I loved this post!!! So fun to learn all these things about you. I love weddings and photography too (and the smell of coffee), I think I'd be addicted to it if I was allowed to drink it. I have to wonder about the being pregnant thing, cause I HATE being pregnant more than anything. The finished product is always worth it, but I have awful pregnancies. I envy you that. Anyway, I loved it!!!

Amberly said...

I didn't know you went on a misson! That is awesome! I love Pero too, but I need to try it iced... mmmmm... Your blog is so fun to read!

Heidi said...

This was great to read!!! We are very similar in some categories!!! So, I have a cotton candy maker....you totally need to come over and we can watch South Pacific and eat cotton candy!!!! Ha ha

Heather said...

Your blog is so fun to read. We have a lot of similar love's. I agree about the pregnancy thing. Even though it is really hard, I really miss having them in there with me all of the time.

Unknown said...

Fun post-we should all do them to learn more about each other! Don't worry I love Roxy too-and I loved being pregnant. Your dream house pictures are cool...Pierre will definitely like them...dwell is his fave.

Bri or Aaron said...

WOW! You love a lot of things! I bet that post took forever!

Lizabeth said...

I love YOU, Kara - you're just fabulous. Did you forget sewing/crafting? I KNOW you are good at that!!! Hopefully you still love it, too. I've always wished I could be good at that like you were (even at age 8!). xoxo Lizabeth www.sparkbark.com

BRE said...

omg we are like twins... 95% of that is me!