Monday, December 1, 2008

shooting

ben's dad and some of the guys in the fam went shooting on saturday evening out by us. we went to take them our pumpkins to use as targets and ended up staying & shooting all of larry's guns for a bit :). gun's make me way nervous & scare me a bit...there's just too much power in them. it is fun shooting them though, especially when you have clay pigeons etc.

we were up on the mountain on the west side of the lake. the view was really pretty... ben & his brother stephen...
there's actually a funny story of ours that's related to shooting. ben asked me to go shooting/four wheeling with him & his fam out in the middle of nowhere like 8 years ago when we were off & on dating/friends. there was nothing but sagebrush, hills, & a big open valley where we went...the funny part; little did we know that we would one day get married and build a home out there! now there's way more than sagebrush and hills...it's crazy how much has been built since then! i should find those pictures of us, it would be funny to post them with these...

10 comments:

Travis and Heather said...

I love your header. I haven't figurede out how to make mine bigger so that it fits better. Your family picture is so pretty!

Jamie said...

Okay that is so crazy! Me and Travis started dating the summer before our senior year and on our 4th date he took me shooting out by eagle mtn. We always used to say who would have guessed that we would end up building a home out here!!! LOL! That's funny!

Rebecca said...

I love your family picture at the top!

Laurie said...

That is sooo funny! It's funny where life takes us!! Darn! I have a bunch of pumpkins I needed to get rid of!! You should have taken them!!

Darla said...

Awesome! Go Kara!!! I've always wanted to go shooting so bad!! I will one day. Looks so fun! Love you all.

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

So you are seriously the coolest chic I know. Look at you out there with that big ole' gun. Awesome!

Mizukawa's said...

I think the last time I went shooting was at a YM YW activity and I think me and brody were partners and we one. so I think its about time to make another memory. wish I was there. I love the new header!!

Unknown said...

Never been shooting...my uncle actually tried to get us to go last weekend. You guys are such a cute family. Lyndsey

Marion said...

That is funny. Who would of thought Eagle Mountain would have turned into what it is.

My sister told me she saw you. Small world.

Serenity said...

That looks like a lot of fun (of course I'd miss every target and it wouldn't be much fun) That's funny about Eagle Mountain... who knew :)