Wednesday, April 22, 2009

lava hot springs

can i just say that i have an awesome mother in law. darla just took all of the older girls in the fam on a weekend getaway to lava hot springs. we had a ton of fun! we stayed in a cute little house that had a hot tub on the deck and a pool out back :). it was a weekend of relaxation and fun! we missed you jessica & kati!!
we started off our trip with a session at the bountiful temple before we officially left town. it was wonderful. i love the boutiful temple....
audra, kenzie, me, & erin..walking around town... one of the nights there we went to a REALLY yummy thai restaurant. now i'm craving all the food..especially their coconut curry!... kenzie playing on the merry go round at the park :)...some of the hot springs we went to...walking around again. lava is such a cute little town!...

we took a drive to soda springs on saturday afternoon (it was only 20 minutes away). there's actually a geyser there. here we are in front of it as it was going off...the wind was blowing so we were getting totally sprayed with sulfur water :)..hehe!there was the coolest little hotel in soda springs. it was all restored to look as it did back in the day. this couch was in the lobby, and is actually the original red velvet couch from the unsinkable molly brown! i love that show!...darla looking down into one of the many 'soda springs'...and it really was just that. we even tasted it..yup, soda water for sure!erin & darla on the boardwalk around some of the springs...we took a walk up above some of the pools we went to. they were really nice and clean..i loved the rock bottoms. darla even paid for all of us to get a massage in the spa right next to the pools. it was AWESOME!
erin & darla in front of our little cottage right before we left on sunday...thanks so much darla! it was a great weekend. i just love my family.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

I have always heard so many good things about Lava, it looks fabulous!

Laurie said...

What a great time! And what a fabulous family!! You are so darn cute!!

Heather said...

How fun!! Thanks for your cupcake ideas. I wish I had about an ounce of your creativity. I ordered some batman cupcake toppers off of ebay. I just hope they get here in time. I pd for express shipping. If not, I may be calling you Monday morning for some serious help. Ha!!

Katie said...

I love that place. We go every year. I'm glad you had so much fun.

Bri or Aaron said...

I love Lava! How fun! We go there each year with Aaron's family. Miss ya!

Serenity said...

What a fun trip... I remember the soda water from when I was little... You guys are such a fun little fam! Love the pics.

Jobi Niu said...

WHat a fun weekend! I've always wanted to go there.. Cute pictures! :]