Monday, May 25, 2009

bishop bolli

9 years ago ben and i had a bishop that we absolutely loved. he was an amazing man with such a strong testimony of the restored gospel and service. he was always so kind, so loving, and made you feel so good about yourself. i vividly remember his genuine, "hello, how are you", in the halls at church, and his kind uplifting words he would say to me as he put his arm around me. i could always feel that he really cared about me and the other students in his ward. he will honestly always be my most favorite bishop...and one of my most favorite people for that matter.

but not only was gerhard our bishop those 9 years ago, he soon after became family when ben's sister, erin married his son, regan. we've seen him on numerous occasions at family functions etc over the past 9 years. it's always been so good to see him, and as before, i have always been greeted with that same big hug, smile, and genuine, "how are you". i love you bishop bolli. what a great example and man you were, and always will be...

gerhard passed away last week of organ failure just a few days after returning home from their mission in hawaii. he will be greatly missed by his family, friends, and all those who knew him. thank you so much for all you have done for us..and for the legacy you have left behind. you will never be forgotten. we will miss you so much.funeral services will be held tomorrow, june 26th, at 12:00 pm in the ephraim 3rd ward building.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in shock. I was just thinking about bishop Bolli the other day. He continues to be my most favorite bishop. He was such a driving force behind my decision to serve a mission.

Hands down the best bishop I have ever known. Thank you for the tribute. He will be greatly missed and loved by so many people.

Cori Henderson said...

I am shocked too - he was my bishop as well. He was the best bishop! Thanks for letting me know.

Jules P Hansen said...

I too like Linds and Cori am sitting here shocked, tears to my eyes. I loved bishop bolli so much. He was such a great bishop and man. He will truly be missed.
Thanks kara for letting me know and for your kind words of him...

Amberly said...

I didn't realize you had so many connections to him. He was such a sweet guy! He will be missed a lot.