Sunday, March 22, 2009

the opera

we went to the opera with jason and amy for our date night this past weekend! we saw the marriage of figaro. neither of us had ever been to an opera, so it was a fun experience. i forgot that opera's are usually in italian :)...luckily they had subtitles shown on a screen above the stage. and i know, i know...ben, going to an opera?! it is something you would never picture him doing. hehe. but hey, like i've said before....we love trying new things and have been having a lot of fun broadening our horizons :). all in all we enjoyed ourselves and had a really fun night. capitol theater is a really cool building. and we always love going to downtown salt lake.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

You guys rock! I would be so scared that I would hate every minute of it that I just wouldn't be brave enough to go. You are awesome for trying new things! Love your st. patty's day fun! You are so cute, girl!

Cori Henderson said...

That's awesome! That would be a fun date.

Mandy said...

I hear the capitol theatre is very beautiful. Fun date night!

Katie said...

Oh how fun. I saw Aida up there once. They are so neat to see. Although reading subtitles for 2 hours and trying to watch the play can be hard:) I'm glad you got the experience.

Kam said...

Oooo! An opera!? Sounds like fun. It's been awhile since I've looked at blogs, but it looks like you've had a lot of fun stuff going on since your cruise. Jessica's shower looked like lots of fun. I bet she was excited. Your penguin cupcakes looked ADORABLE! You really should start catering cupcakes. Don't tell me you haven't thought about it. They're so cute. And all the other "matchy" stuff for the shower was PERFECT! Love it.
xx
Kamber

Darla said...

How fun!! I love it downtown also! I want a hot guy to take me to the Opera..hehehe!!