Monday, October 5, 2009

update: the fair & park city

once again, i'm pretty behind on blogging :). here's some pics of the fair {you can't go to the fair without getting a funnel cake} and our little weekend in park city a couple of weeks ago...

we've made the fair a yearly family tradition. we always have a really good time. my camera wasn't charged so these first few pics were taken with my phone.

the boys always LOVE all the animals...the next weekend my friend rachel and i took the boys up to park city to stay in a condo & have some fun. ben & shane {rachel's husband} were in alaska...so we decided to take a little getaway ourselves! we had a ton of fun!
here's pics of the boys walking along the trail above our condo...


it was GORGEOUS up there. the fall colors were so pretty!
i couldn't stop taking photo's of all the changing leaves and mountain valley's...

every night once the boys were in bed rachel and i hung out and pampered ourselves :). foot pedicures, movies, ice cream, the whole bit :). here's a pic of rachel while we were waxing our brows :)....

we took up our bikes etc. & took a long bike ride on the trails above our condo....
i kept stopping to take pics :). it seriously was so pretty up there!

one night i went into the bedroom and found gavin asleep on the hard wood floor! hehe. he didn't mind one bit. doesn't look very comfortable to me!

funny thing though, this is how kaden was sleeping at the same time. hanging off the bed...hehe...
here's a pic i took of a nearby pond...
and another fall pic...

the boys on our balcony...

we went to olympic park one afternoon. those jumps are CRAZY! we were dying as we watched skiers go down them!...

we never actually swam in the pool, but the boys loved putting their feet in...and here's kaden and gavin just chillin in the condo...
we had a great weekend! thanks so much for all your help with the boys rachel. i love your guts! i can't wait until next year when we go again {rachel & i went last year too, and have now officially decided to go every fall}!

4 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

How fun! What a fun tradition. I just love the fall!

Mandy said...

Looks like a spectacular time! Great pictures too!

susie harty said...

I feel like I could spend a couple of days just looking at your blog and everytime I visit I start to cry. Sometimes it seems like yesterday when we were in Paraguay sleeping on the deck and watching the sky and listening to Ben sing the baptism song (I still remember that) and then other times it seems like a life time ago. Thanks for being such a great companion. Come and visit me if you are ever in Vegas and next time I am in Utah I will let you know. I would love to see you.

Laurie said...

Okay fun fun!! I am coming next time for sure!!