Sunday, October 26, 2008

family PiRaTe party!

these were the invites to the sha-bang :)...
i know, i know...it seems like we've been obsessed with pirates lately :). we finally had our family pirate party this weekend!! it was a BLAST and everyone looked AWESOME!!! we had a great time eating, playing games, & voting for best costume..most creative costume..best couple pirate skit on the spot, & more...we love you all!

larry & darla (ben's parents). hehehehe! don't they look great?!.. my sister kim & her boyfriend travis. way to go on the costumes guys!...sebi & audra & their girls. you guys rock!.. we had tiki torches burning outside our house... my cousin, christy & her little boy, tavner. thanks for coming & bringing all the fun glow sticks!... cute taya eating a caramel apple in gav's highchair...
trav & kim again... chris & rosa. if you look closely at chris' chest you will see a light..if you haven't seen 'iron man' then you wouldn't get it..he came as 'pirate man' :). and yes, he was the one that won 'most creative' costume :)...matty & sharlene & their little girl, trista :)... if your wondering why some of the pics are foggy..it's because we had a fog machine going some of the time to set the pirate mood :)... larry acting as a pirate for the greatest costume contest (it was a tie between ben and larry by the way)...look how cute audra dressed taya... kenzie looked great!...like i said before, i got this idea from one of our neighbors, preston. it worked perfectly for our party since pirates love to drink! i found a bunch of "mock"tail & "mock"arita recipes online and typed them out on a menu. we had a bar with all the drinks so everyone could mix their own :). it was so fun! here's the recipes/menu i made... the pirate grub... sebi's side of the family. all his siblings & their spouses and kids... cute grandpa & grandma... carter, kim, erin, & mom... kenzie lou watching pirates of the caribbean...we all had to get up and act like pirates for one of the prizes. here's my mom acting her part :).. gav & i... ben & darla sitting in the fog :)...we watched landon this weekend. he's such an angel child, i'm not kidding. he's SO good!...
so fun! i love parties, can ya tell? :)

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Aaargg Kara, Cute Blog ya lass! You are so cute!

Jamie said...

Holy crap girl! Are you partied out yet?!?!?

Kalli said...

oh my how freakin fun is that I am impressed you should be a party planner seriously look at the shin digs you have thrown in the last year it is more than I have done in my whole lifetime! I seriously love it..

Serenity said...

Wow Kara, you go all out! And I love how you changed your blog to match :) (especially the pirate hats on your family picture)! That looked like a FUN party! Very cool!

Serenity said...

By the way, I got to see Ben last week and was bummed you couldn't join him. Maybe next time. The last time I saw you I was pretty out of it. Between newborn and driving all day, I was pretty lame. (not that I'm not lame all the time... just not THAT lame :) )

Jobi Niu said...

K how fun do your parties look?? AHHH! I saw MATY! NExt time you see him tell him HELLO from me! He has a cute lil family! :)

Brittney said...

I know I have said this before Kara but seriously you are amazing!!! Those parties look like so much fun and you have such cute ideas. You really do need to write a book or start charging people to plan their parties. I have never seen anything like it. You go girl!!